TITLE: Projects & Operations Co-Ordinator
CORE ROLE TYPE: Arts & Business Administration
LINE MANAGER: Emrys Green, Unit Twenty Three Director
HOURS: Full Time Role, usually Mon-Fri 9am to 5.30pm but some flexibility. Evening & Weekend working will be required from time to time based on projects.
SALARY: Starting on £14,000 per year + Projects Overtime available
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 12pm on Friday 11th December 2015
INTERVIEWS: Wednesday 16th December 2015 at Unit Twenty Three
STARTING: From as early in January 2016 as possible depending on any current notice period
The Projects & Operations Co-Ordinator will take overall responsibility for the day to day operations of the office and provide administrative support to each of our project managers & commissioners. This support includes marketing opportunities for involvement, arranging logistics for events, manning the telephone lines for enquiries and processing invoices to keep budgets up to date.
You will also work with our partners including Upstart Projects (Arts Award Youth Network & Arts Award Voice), CEG Hire & Productions and Cloud Artisans. We are currently commissioned to support the West Suffolk Members of UK Youth Parliament & Bury St Edmunds Youth Forum.
But this role is much more than an adminstrator. You will contribute to the creative direction of our projects, work actively with our project leads and gain experience of the cultural sector across a national picture. We see this role as one to grow with the right candidate. You will also be supported by the projects assistant.
The breakdown of responsibilities includes:
Marketing & Publicity
- Writing press releases and gaining editorials about our work
- Contributing to our social network platforms
- Ensure website is kept up to date
- Write and send newsletters out to subscribers
- Source different funding pots applicable to Unit Twenty Three projects
- Contribute to funding applications
- Support evaluations and help report back to funders about project outcomes
Finance & Business Support
- Recording transactions and ensuring all expenses, bills and income is logged
- Paying Invoices
- Sending Invoices
- Keeping accurate meeting notes
- Monitor phone lines & enquiries inbox, answering queries and taking messages as needed
- Update data records, contact lists & other information as required
- Supervise the work load of your projects assistant (ensuring priorities for their support of you are set)
- Maintain a clean & safe environment in which to work
- Arrange for travel & accommodation for events & projects
- Organise for processing & posting various correspondance
- Receive & despatch deliveries to couriers as required
- Communicate with project partners, commissioners and funders about project progress
- Experience working in an office environment
- A demonstratable interest & passion for the arts & young people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and can work off own initiative
- Experience with Office Computer Software & Website CMS platforms (editing not coding!)
- Experience with Social Media
- Ability to manage financial records
- Experience of working on projects or live events
- Be willing to progress your career and attend relevant training
- Experience of gaining funding within the arts, cultural, heritage sector
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of working remotely with teams
- Full driving license
- Local knowledge of arts or youth organisations
- Knowledge of the Arts Award Programme
- An interest in technical production
- Some experience in marketing
How to apply
Submit your CV and covering letter, detailing why you would be suitable for this job against the Job Description and Person Specification.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Projects & Operations Co-Ordinator Application’
We will contact you by 12pm on Monday 14th December to confirm an invite to interview on Wednesday 16th December.
The appointment will be made subject to a satisfactory clearance with an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check.
We envisage the role growing and continuing long term but there will be a 3 month probationary period and an initial fixed term contract of 7 months (to August 2016).
We are currently based at Unit 23, Court Industrial Estate, Vinces Road, Diss, Norfolk, IP22 4BF which will be your primary place of work.